You can call Brooke Yeaman the OG of the Rad Moms. This vintage lover balances a life with three kids, a thriving business and a super rad hubby. She makes motherhood all about the adventure - all while still running a business where she gets to do what she loves everyday.
I had the opportunity to interview one of my favorite badass mamas about her life, motherhood & how hard work can pay off.
"If you work hard, you will go places. Nothing is ever handed to you. Go out and get it."
- What is a typical day like for you? What time do you get up - get home?
- What inspired you to get into your line of work?
"I have my doubts and anxiety some days, but I wouldn’t change anything I’ve done for the world. I’m very dang lucky to succeed in something I believe in with every part of my being."
- What is your favorite part about your business?
- What do you offer to your clients and how is it different than other professionals in your field?
- What is your background in your business expertise? Do you think your past experiences help with who you are doing now?
"My grandmother and my mother. They’ve always taught me how to be a strong woman, and to know your worth!"
- What are you most proud of in your career?
- Do you want to expand your business?
- What is something few people know about you?
- What is the hardest 'thing' about being a mom and business owner?
- What can we expect from you for the rest of 2018 - personally and professionally?
- Who is your role model? Why?
- What is the best piece of advice your mom (or parent/role model) ever gave to you?
- What is the best part about being a mom for you?
- What advice might you have for a fellow RAD MOM or a soon to be Rad Mom who is just starting out a business?
DO IT! Put in the work, because working for yourself - even if it’s far more work - is so much better than working for the man. I get to do what I want, when I want. I get to go to my kids field trips, I get to travel, I get to meet new friends and dress old friends, I bust my ass every single day... but it’s worth the journey and opportunity it brings.